Resolved MS Access Error 3045: File Already in Use
Tech View OF MS Access Error 3045
The MS Access database Error 3045 is one of the most occurring error in Access application. Several times user has to face this runtime error while accessing MDB/ACCDB files. The Error Message database throw is ‘Couldn't use ; file already in use ’ In most of the cases you may find that this error 3045 came because the file you were trying to open was already in use by different users or was previously opened on any other instance of MS Access application.
But there may be other possibilities also, which you may see below.
Access Database Error 3045 Error Message
Error Message: "Could not use < name >; file already in use. Error 3045 The specified file is currently being used by another user or session. Wait for other user or session to finish working with the file, and then try the operation again."
Quick Solution: Download MDB Recovery Tool to Scan & fix the Error 3045.
Other Scenarios Of MS Access Error 3045
All though things might little change according to MS Access 2016/2013/2010/2007/2003/2000/97. We have figure out Some of the scenarios:
- Scenario: You may also receive a "file already in use" error message when you try to open an Access database that is located on a server.
- Scenario: When sufficient amount of reading & writing permission is not provided to that particular MS Access database file.
- Scenario: The file you are trying to open is infected with virus.
- Scenario: When Microsoft Jet database engine cannot make the locking information file. The .laccdb file or .ldb file does not exist.
- Scenario: OR when a copy of MS Access file may have the database opened by another MDW.
Various other scenarios may also lead the user to come up with MS Access Error 3045. Let’s see how to fix MS Access error 3045.
Check to Fix MS Access Error 3045 by Yourself
Before trying to repair and fix Access Database error 3045. Use may check perform some regular checks. Here are the things you need to check:
- All users running this MS Access have privilege where the MDB file in directory exists. If JET cannot create an LDB file when logging into a database it will generate 3045 error.
- You may check and confirm that Access database is not marked as read-only.
- Check the file is not being scanned or open in any anti-virus present on your system.
- Check your code to make it clear that you are not doing an explicit Close to the thing opened on your system and setting object variables to nothing as soon as you done with something.
IF above solution to unable to fix Access Database error 3045. Try to make a copy of Access Database file. And Run Compact & Repair.
Compact & Repair Utility to Repair Access Error 3045
Run Compact and Repair on MS Access Version 2016/2013/2010:
- Step 1: Open and Start Access but not the database file.
- Step 2: Then go to Info >> click Compact and Repair Database.
- Step 3: In the dialog box, navigate to the file you want to repair >> Double Click on it >> Click Ok, repair process starts.
Run Compact and Repair in Access Version 2007/ 2003 /2000
- In Access 2007: Open MS Access, GOTO Manage >> Compact and Repair
- In Access 2003: Open Access 2003, In the pre-ribbon Goto Tools >> drag to Database Utilities >> Compact and Repair Database
If you still find that Error 3045 is not fixed go with our Quick Solution to Repair Microsoft Access Error 3045.
Steps to fix Access Error 3045 With Access Repair Utility
- Step1: To Fix Error 3045, Run the Repair Utility
- Step2: Browse the MDB / ACCDB Access database file by clicking on 'Browse' button.
- Step3: Click on 'Recover' and Repairing process starts
- Step4: Click on 'Export' and navigate to save the recovered data
This Utility is compatible with Microsoft Access database version 97/2000/2002/2003/2007/ 2010/2013/2016. Also, It can be installed on Windows 10/8.1/8/7 and other older version windows operating system.
Above we have discussed How to Fix MS Access Error 3045 File Already Use in MS Access version 97/2000/2002/2003/2007/2010/2013/2016. This article also contains a Quick solution to fix Microsoft Access Database Error 3045. We make it easy for you to remove error 3045 from Access database.